My Publications

Monday, May 9, 2011

Blogging Lessons 101

Well, seeing as this is my first blog attempt, I'm learning a few lessons.

First, a blog is a different type of endeavor than anything else I do, and it somehow bridges the personal and professional. Maybe that's just the way I've conceptualized this, and it's likely in large part due to the fact that I see my development as a human being--and the unlearning I hope to facilitate and experience as something that is all-encompassing. In any event, it means that I haven't properly created time and space in either my personal or professional life to post often enough. That might not be a problem if I was blogging about gardening, I've started blogging about race and racism, with other posts on issues related to gender, sexuality, globalism, learning/unlearning, sociology, and anthropology to come. You just can't throw out half-baked ideas on these issues, you either need to take the time to write a fully developed essay-style entry or post more consistently so people can follow the development of your ideas. My preference is somewhere in the middle, but I clearly need to do some more thinking and doing about this.

Second, as I want this to be a conversation of sorts I think I'm going to invite some guest bloggers to contribute other perspectives/counter-perspectives. Again, I'm not sure exactly how I want to do that, but I have a few basic ideas and need to make some decisions along those lines.

Third, I can see that I need to do a little more work explaining why I am doing this at all. My intent isn't to post from a position of "someone with the answers" as much as I mean to post as someone with questions, hunches and uncertainties. I mean to be vulnerable here, acknowledging that I don't have all the answers and sharing those lessons I do learn as I (hopefully) grow and develop in my understanding of the world around me and my ability to change that world.

More soon.

2 comments:

  1. You just can't throw out half-baked ideas on these issues, pass4sure 200-120 you either need to take the time to write a fully developed essay-style entry or post more consistently so people can follow the development of your ideas. My preference is somewhere in the middle, 200-120 examcollection but I clearly need to do some more thinking and doing about this.



    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't throw out half-baked ideas
    happy holi message on these issues, you either need to take the time to write a fully developed essay-style entry or post more consistently so people can follow the development of your ideas. holi pictures My preference is somewhere in the middle, but I clearly need to do some more thinking and doing about this.


    ReplyDelete